|Written by:||Chris Carter|
|Directed by:||Kim Manners|
An FBI task force is organized to hunt for Mulder but Scully suspects the task force leader, Special Agent John Doggett, and instead chooses to search for her lost partner with Skinner.
| We are not who we are!|
This episode article is missing a summary.
- Before it was televised, this episode was also known as "Third Party".
- In the script used to film this episode, Agent Doggett is once mistakenly referred to as "Agent White", as the character was originally to have been named Bud White after a character in the movie LA Confidential.
- According to writer Chris Carter, this episode begins "a day or two" after Fox Mulder's abduction, as seen in the final episode of Season 7, "Requiem". The episode's script reveals that the scene in which Scully stands looking at herself in a mirror, near the start of the episode, is set on her first working day without Mulder.
- Chris Carter was inspired to write the scene in which Scully splashes water into Doggett's face, due to Carter being aware that new actor Robert Patrick would be facing opposition from some members of the fan community. After the conclusion of The X-Files television series in 2002, Patrick commented that this part of the episode had been his favorite scene he had ever shot for the series, admitting that he couldn't think of a better way to introduce the character and that the scene not only said a lot but that it had actually helped him, and Tom Braidwood, who appears in this episode as long-running recurring character Frohike, similarly remarked that the first meeting of Doggett and Scully was one of his own favorite scenes from the entire series. (The Complete X-Files: Behind the Series, the Myths and the Movies)
Links and References
- Tom Braidwood as Melvin Frohike
- Jo-Ann Dean as Secretary
- Christine Firkins as Thea Sprecher
- Marc Gomes as Agent Danny Mosley
- Bryan Greenberg as Order Taker
- Jeff Gulka as Gibson Praise
- Dean Haglund as Richard Langly
- Bruce Harwood as John Fitzgerald Byers
- Arlene Malinowski as Teacher
- Jonathan Palmer as Principal
- James Pickens, Jr. as Deputy Director Alvin Kersh
- Mitch Pileggi as Assistant Director Walter Skinner
- Dondre Whitfield as Agent TDB
- Kirk BR Woller as Agent Gene Crane
- Marty Zagon as Mr. Coeben
SEMICOLON-SEPARATED LIST OF ITEMS/LOCATIONS REFERENCED IN EPISODE (BUT NOT LINKED TO IF ALREADY LINKED IN SUMMARY OR GUEST STARS SECTIONS)