October 13 is the birthday of X-Files creator Chris Carter. October 13 and the number 1013 both occur frequently in the X-Files universe, as well as in other aspects of The X-Files (such as release dates).
- October 13 is Fox Mulder's birthday.
- It is the name of Chris Carter's production company: Ten Thirteen Productions.
- The X-Files Movie was released to video on October 13, 1999.
- 10 minutes, 13 seconds is the amount of time into the last track of The X-Files: The Album where a hidden track begins.
- DF101364 - The file number of an X-File investigating the disappearance of Colonel Robert Budahas. (TXF: "Deep Throat")
- Silo 1013 was a nuclear missile silo that contained a UFO and an imprisoned Alex Krycek (TXF: "Apocrypha").
- Season 2, Ep. 17 "End Game" - 27m38s into video. Email shown From Mulder, "To: Dana Scully, 001013"
- Season 7, Ep. 22 "Requiem" - In the first scene the officer calls in a "1013" when he arrives at the crash site.
- United Nations Security Council Resolution 1013: an agreement that any nation that obtains an alien lifeform must immediately eradicate it (TXF: "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man").
- 10:13 am appeared as the time stamp on chapter two of Ground Zero and on chapter twenty-two of Antibodies, both novels written by Kevin J. Anderson.
- On October 13, 1973, A group of government agents made contact with a group of Greys and the Cigarette Smoking Man offered up his wife, Cassandra, to the aliens in return for an alien fetus (TXF: "One Son").
- On October 13, 1995, the episode "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" was first aired.